- Level 1 - Basic dance workouts (Guidelines for practice), Basic dance stances (Araimandi, Samapadam and Muzhumandi), Basic dance units (Adavus with their variations).
Theory : Asamyutha hasthas (single hand mudras) and Samyutha hasthas (double hand mudras)
- Level 2 - Revision of previous level lessons, Korvai (Garland of Adavus) Basic dance items: Pushpanjali, Alarippu, Kavuthuvam.
Theory : Asamyutha and Samyutha hastha viniyogam (usages) with reference to the Natyashastra and Abhinayadarpana, Pada Bhedhas (feet movements)
- Level 3 - Revision of previous level lessons, Intermediate level dance items : Thodayamangalam, Jathiswaram, Shabdham.
Theory : Shiro Bhedhas (head movements), Griva Bhedhas (neck movements), Dristi Bhedhas (eye movements) and introduction to Abhinaya (acting)
- Level 4 - Revision of previous level lessons, Intermediate level dance items : Shabdham, Varnam, Padam.
Theory : Karanas (synchronized movements of hands, feet and body), Aesthetics and applications of Abhinaya.
- Level 5 - Revision of previous level lessons, Advanced level dance items : Varnam, Padam, Javali.
Theory : The three fold divisions in dance : Nritta (pure dance elements), Nritya (technical elements) and Natya (Dramatic elements), slokas from Natya shastra and Abhinaya dharpana.
- Level 6 - Revision of previous level lessons, Advanced level dance items : Padam, Keerthanam and Thillana.
Theory : Taala (time measure) in dance with special reference to taala techniques of carnatic music.
In 6th level, the student will be ideally ready for Rangapravesham / Arangetram.